In unit study we finished our unit on Thanksgiving.
In language arts we focused on the letter Ee. We learned the sight words he, me, we. We read books and made predictions. In our small groups many of us focused on concept of word. A HUGE necessity before real reading occurs is that students understand what a word is. Here are some boys doing a great job reading I'm a Little Teapot:
In math, we finished our first unit on fractions/equal parts. I think the students did a great job with this! I was very impressed with their assessment scores.
Looking forward to next week...
In unit study, we will be learning all about magnets!
In language arts, we will be focusing on the letter Ff. We will be reading books by the author Jan Brett and making predictions as we do. Our sight words this week are: for, or, find, of.
In math this week we will be learning all about how to create graphs.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment